There were a couple of changes to the plug-in as you can see on their changelog:
First on the 27th and then again on the 28th of February. Since then my hit counts have been WAY off. So I checked the server log and it’s also WAY off. So then I checked Google Analytics and it was normal? Weird.
Anyways I checked the log files for ecSTATic and it indicated a bunch of blocks so I pitched it. The hit counts look like they’re already returning to normal.
Sorry for any inconvenience and I’m giving you all one year of free access to compensate.
As far as I can tell everything should be about back to normal.
I updated a few plugins including one for the EU Cookie Law which I’ve finally decided to discontinue because I’m not an EU member. If you are and you don’t want to be tracked by cookies then don’t visit this blog. Simple enough.
The other one was one for statistics.
Something went screwy and even after I deleted the new EU cookie plugin it was still showing up on the page. Nice. Delete the plugin and like a stalker it decides that it needs to stick around. So then I pitched the new statistics plugin and the cache plugin and the EU cookie one was still showing up.
I could access the blog but couldn’t access the admin page and then eventually I lost access to even the blog.
So I went over to phpMyAdmin and backed up all 11 default WordPress tables and then emptied them.
Then I reran install.php to initialize an empty blog. The I restored all tables except for options and imported the old tables back into the database.
About half-way through the import stopped. A nice feature of import from phpMyAdmin is if you just import the same file again it just picks up where it left off. So a couple of imports later most of the blog was back up again.
Then it’s just a matter of fleshing out the options for all of the plugins, theme, and widgets again.
My Editor issue:
And they knocked out 3 security vulnerabilities, one of which could affect ALL previous versions.